If you own or manage videos hosted on YouTube, review Google's instructions captioning your videos: Add subtitles and captions. Google also has instructions for editing/removing captions from your videos: Edit or remove captions.
Tips and Best Practices
- Review Google's instructions (linked above) to add or edit captions on your videos.
- If you already have a transcript for your video, all you have to is upload the transcript to the YouTube video, and YouTube will automatically set the timing.
- If you don't have a transcript, you may either:
- Follow Google's instructions to add captions; or
- Allow YouTube to set the automated captions, then use YouTube's captions editing interface to correct the captions. Correcting the automated captions is an essential step that should not be skipped.