Overall evaluation and education
Tools for running scans and tests
- Siteimprove: This robust tool is available for the UC systemwide. See our Siteimprove page for more information.
- WAVE toolbar (Chrome): An accessibility evaluation toolbar from WebAIM that works directly within the Firefox browser. Use this toolbar to identify common accessibility issues through WAVE's inline evaluation functionality.
- Paciello Group toolbar for Internet Explorer: A toolbar specifically built to test for web accessibility in IE.
- HTML CodeSniffer: Client-side script that checks HTML source code and detects violations of a defined coding standard.
- Chrome Accessibility Developer Tools: This extension will add an Accessibility audit, and an Accessibility sidebar pane in the Elements tab, to the native Chrome Developer Tools.
- AInspector: Web accessibility evaluation tool for Firefox based on WCAG 2.0 and ARIA.
- Tenon.io: Automated accessibility testing coverage for a wide array of accessibility best practices.
- Paciello Group Contrast Analyser: This tool is a native app for Windows and Mac that will evaluate the color contrast of your website, and will also tell you if your site meets the WCAG 2.0 standards for color contrast.
- ColorZilla: The ColorZilla browser extension is available for Firefox and Chrome, and includes an eyedropper, color picker, and color analyzer. This tool also includes a gradient generator.