Overall evaluation and education
Tools for running scans and tests
- WAVE toolbar (Chrome): An accessibility evaluation toolbar from WebAIM that works directly within the Firefox browser. Use this toolbar to identify common accessibility issues through WAVE's inline evaluation functionality.
- Juicy Studio toolbar: A Firefox toolbar from Juicy Studio that goes beyond common accessibility issues. This toolbar helps identify Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) roles (important for dynamic content and advanced user controls), examines data tables, and evaluates color contrast (for low-vision users).
- Paciello Group toolbar for Internet Explorer: A toolbar specifically built to test for web accessibility in IE.
- HTML CodeSniffer: Client-side script that checks HTML source code and detects violations of a defined coding standard.
- Chrome Accessibility Developer Tools: This extension will add an Accessibility audit, and an Accessibility sidebar pane in the Elements tab, to the native Chrome Developer Tools.
- AInspector: Web accessibility evaluation tool for Firefox based on WCAG 2.0 and ARIA.
- Tenon.io: Automated accessibility testing coverage for a wide array of accessibility best practices.
- Juicy Studio Color Contrast Analyser: To use this tool, add your website's background color and foreground color to the boxes provided. The analyser will calculate your site's overall contrast ratio, which will allow you to determine if your site passes the WCAG 2.0 requirements for visual presentation of text.
- Paciello Group Contrast Analyser: This tool is a native app for Windows and Mac that will evaluate the color contrast of your website, and will also tell you if your site meets the WCAG 2.0 standards for color contrast.
- ColorZilla: The ColorZilla browser extension is available for Firefox and Chrome, and includes an eyedropper, color picker, and color analyzer. This tool also includes a gradient generator.